Monday, March 30, 2020

3/30/20 Update: Day 4 of Online Learning


Welcome to week 2 of KISD online learning. 

There seemed to be a lot of students and parents having some trouble with the system today. My personal theory is that it being the beginning of the week, a lot of students were up and at it early in order to get a jump on the week’s work. With so many online at once, I’m guessing the network slowed down and had issues with the workload. It is possible the number of students online will spread out a bit throughout the rest of the week. Do know that no student is going to be held accountable for work if the network crashes or becomes inaccessible. If you do find yourself having issues with Edgenuity or Schoology, just email me and let me know. Good communication is the key to my knowing whether a student is having network issues or just did not log on and do any work that day.

There was surprisingly little information from the district today, especially in light of President Trump’s announcement this weekend that social distancing protocols and shelter in place orders would be extended until at least April 30th. I was asked a couple of times today what this meant for the rest of the school year. The quick answer is I just do not know. I do know district personnel are meeting with state officials over the next couple of days. I am sure these meetings will yield more information. I will update you here once I know more.

Please let your student know that the target for this week should be to finish up the World War II module and begin the Civil Rights & Equal Rights module. It is important that the students keep up and do not get behind. Remember, it is always easier to keep up than it is to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment