Thursday, August 23, 2018

Welcome Back!

Welcome to the 2018-19 school year. I know summer is a great time and a lot of fun, but there is something about getting back in the routine that is nice, too.

Some important information:

- I expect students to be prepared for class. Each student should have a pen or pencil with which to write and some paper (notebook, spiral, etc.). I do not have a long supply list of required items, so I feel this is a reasonable expectation.

- I expect students to treat each other and me with courtesy and respect.

- I expect students to come to class mentally prepared to do school work. Summer was great, but it is over. A student should not be offended or surprised that I expect them to do school work while they are at school.

*IMPORTANT INFORMATION*

- Class blog: Mayeshistory7.blogspot.com (if you are reading this you already have the address). Bookmark or save this site as a favorite for easy reference. This is where I will post assignments, due dates, and other information. It is a great source for students who have been out  sick or for parents who like to keep up with what we are doing in class.

My email address: Michael.mayes@killeenisd.org

Phone: EHMS main line is 254-336-1100. Ask for me and the secretary will connect you.

Reminder.com: I will be sending short messages/reminders to parents via Remind.com. You have already been loaded up on my lists. This is a great way for you to stay on top of your student and make sure they are doing their work in a timely manner. You will receive messages via text or email depending on the contact information provided to the school. You may upload the Remind app if from the App Store, but it is not necessary. If you want to opt out of this Reminder.com list, just let me know.

I'm looking forward to a good year and counting on the support of the parents/guardians in this endeavor. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

My best,

Michael Mayes
EHMS History/Athletics

No comments:

Post a Comment